“Novigo” is a high-porosity and ecologically safe material with a large water absorbing capacity, suitable as a plant growth medium as well as for mixing into other plant growth substrates (such as soil, peat, coir, sand, etc.). The main advantage of using “Novigo” granules is its significant improvement of soil structure. It provides long-term moisture stability in the growth substrate, prevents excess water accumulation, decreases the weight of the substrate, increases oxygen (see diagram) content in the plant growth medium (soil) and, therefore, promotes the activity of bacteria essential for plants. The material has the capacity to adsorb, retain and deliver water (see diagram) to plants several times more effectively than peat, coir or other substrates. It is not a typical hydrogel or a plant growth gel, but an ecologically safe medium. “Novigo” is designed for both amateur gardening and professional horticultural uses.
- ecologically safe
- pH suitable for most cultivated plants (pH 5.0-7.0)
- can be used as an immediate growth medium and easily mixed with soil or other substances if necessary
- a water absorption capacity of approximately 1000% of dry weight
- does not require subsequent specific utilization, unlike rockwool
- absorbs water immediately and retains moisture much longer than peat or coir
- keeps moisture accessible for plants even when the soil itself has dried out
- structurally stable material, does not break down in very moist conditions, does not collapse permanently when compressed
- reduces watering frequency up to eightfold
- suitable for all seeds and plants
- provides plants with sufficient moisture
- promotes the development of root systems
- protects against excess water
- stimulates plant growth
- long application period
- 100% free of pathogenic fungi
- better texture than peat or coir
- temperature tolerance up to 60 °C.
Read the analysis report made by the Estonian Environmental Research Center.